Wednesday 2 July 2014

Review: Eyeko Brow Gel






I've been having a bit of bad luck with Eyeko products but I've finally found a winner.
After using powders to fill in my brows for so long I kind of got bored with how they looked. I wanted them to look more defined but I don't completely trust myself to use a pencil so I decided to go for a tinted gel. I'd heard a lot about the Benefit brow gel but because this one was on offer when I bought it, I opted for this one instead.

At first I found it quite hard to evenly distribute it over my brows and product would collect in certain parts but it only took a couple of days to get used to it. I apply this by first brushing through my brows with a clean MAC 204 brush to get them into shape and to get rid of any foundation and then I lightly apply this all over my brows and then apply an eyeshadow on top. I'm not sure if that's the way everyone does it but I find that it seems to hold the eyeshadow a bit better this way round. 

The tint within this product seems to simultaneously make a massive difference and no difference at all. When I first got this I dabbed the wand on the back of my hand to see what the colour was like, as it is meant to suit all shades, and it seemed like it would be too dark but when it's actually applied it blended in to the natural colour of my eyebrows really well. When on it's own it doesn't make my brows look any darker at all but when a powder is put on top of it - it does. Despite this potentially sounding like a fault in the product, I like it. I wanted something to give my brows more definition but not be overpowering and this has a nice balance. It allows you to be as bold as you want to when used along side other products but I don't think that this would work if used completely on it's own. Depending on what look I'm going for I can apply multiple layers of this and it will darken my brows and give me a more defined look or I can just do one and it will look more on the natural side of things.

The longevity of this product is great. It holds the shape of my brows and the eyeshadow I've applied all day. I do think that it may be slightly overpriced at £18.00 and I'm not completely convinced that I'll repurchase it but I like it for now and I'm glad I have it.
At a whole £5 cheaper I think I may try Benefit's Gimme Brow next time.


Have you tried this product? Do you use a brow gel?

Lots of love.




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment