Tuesday 8 July 2014

Review: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation





I can't believe I haven't reviewed this foundation yet!
This is most definitely my most favourite foundation of all time. I love the kind of make up where it doesn't feel like you actually have make up on, especially in the summer when it's most likely going to melt off anyway, and this lightweight foundation completely ticks that box for me. It is a light to medium coverage although I'd say it's more on the medium side of things. It evens out the skin tone diminishing all my redness and disguises most of the imperfections I have. I can't say that it completely covers everything because it doesn't. My dark circles look a little less terrifying when I've applied a coat of this but I still need to go in with a concealer to completely hide them and the same goes for blemishes, but with sheer in it's name you can't really expect more than that.

It has a satin finish that leaves the face looking dewy which I can't get enough of at the moment and it also makes your skin look much brighter and just gives it an all round glow. It blends in well with a bit of help from my Real Techniques Buffing Brush which you can get in a set here and the colour range is great, so I'm sure you'll be able to find a shade that matches your skin. The colour I have is Deauville (Light 4 I think) if you were interested!

It surprisingly fairs well against my oily skin which satin finishes rarely seem to do. It doesn't do a whole lot in preventing or stopping the shine I get throughout the day, but in comparison to other foundations of the same finish it makes much more of a difference. Because this foundation is quite moisturising, I've heard that it works well for people that have dryer skin too.

The only fault I can find with this product is that it doesn't come with a pump which can cause some particularly messy make up routines (there have been spillages) and really just wastes a lot of the product. There is a pump available to buy separately but I have no idea where to get it from, so if you could enlighten me I would appreciate it! 

This is pretty expensive at £30.50 but I think that it's absolutely worth it. It's a great foundation for summer and all year round. I love it!


Have you tried this foundation? What do you think of it?

Lots of love.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment