Sunday 21 December 2014

Feeling Festive With Christmas Candles






Nothing brings me more joy than a wondefully scented candle, especially those that are Christmas themed. I've been burning Christmas candles since November and I thought I'd share some of my favourite ones with you. I tend to stick to the sweeter side of things when I'm picking candles, vanilla being my favourite so if you're a cinnamon kind of girl I'm not going to be much use to you - sorry!

The one pictured above I bought from Tesco about a week ago and it smells incredible. Apart from the packaging, which is adorable, it's not that 'Christmassy' as the scent is mainly vanilla but I bloody love it! It retails for £5 which I think is pretty reasonable, all in all well done Tesco.


This is, again, pretty much entirely vanilla scented. It smells a lot sweeter than the one from Tesco and a lot more buttery for lack of a better word. I think pretty much everyone has smelt this candle, it's lovely. And because it doesn't smell so traditionally festive you can get away with burning it all year - if it lasts that long.


This is a fresh kind of smell and is pretty similar to Yankee Candle's 'Fresh Linen'. It's a really 'homely' scent and perfect for burning throughout the day.


I have absolutely no idea how to describe this smell which is useful considering you can't smell it. It's a really rich, deep fragrance  with top notes of amber and incense and it's kind of like a perfume scent but in a good way. Again, sticking to my theme, it doesn't exactly smell 'Christmassy' but definitely adds a bit of something to a cosy night in. 


If you've read any of my Christmas posts you'll know I'm slightly if not manically obsessed with chocolate oranges so you can guess why this candle is one of my favourites. It just smells like chocolate oranges, there's really not much else to say. I love it.



What's your favourite Christmas scent?



                         


No comments:

Post a Comment