Monday 8 February 2016

YSL Poudre Compact Radiance Setting Powder




Another day, another setting powder. As someone who needs setting powders on a daily basis I'm desperately looking for an incredible one. Of all of them I've tried I've only ever loved 2; the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder and the Urban Decay De-slick. As good as they are they leave the face very flat for lack of a better word which is very hard to overcome when using matte products. Of course you can pile on a whole bunch of contour and highlights to bring back your features (or to create new ones) but I think that every great make up day starts with a great base and definitely, a great powder - like this one.

What I really like about this more than anything, and what I haven't seen a mattifying powder do before, is add radiance. That is truly a big deal (to me at least) to find a powder that keeps oil at bay but still allows your skin to look like skin. It isn't shimmery despite it's radiant properties so you can happily dab this all over your face without looking like a glitterbug and it sets make up beautifully. As for it's longevity, I'd say this lasts around 4 hours. The finish is more of a natural matte/velvet as opposed to stark, true matte like the De-slick for example and I much prefer that. It isn't too powdery in texture and is extremely silky and very finely milled.

YSL is fast becoming my favourite make up brand and I will happily spend extortionate amounts of money on their products. Of all the products I've tried they have yet to let me down. You can have a look at some of the reviews I've done here;

Rouge Pur Couture The Mats 204
Shocking Mascara
Touche Eclat Foundation 

What's your favourite setting powder? Have you tried anything from YSL?

Shop via Debenhams;
L I N K



F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 


No comments:

Post a Comment