Tuesday 21 June 2016

MAC Lipstick - Velvet Teddy




I have been absolutely loving nudes. They have been replacing my red lipsticks at almost every turn and, if you know me at all, you'll know that's a pretty big deal.


I recently picked up a few nudes from Mac (with a few more on their way) one of which was Velvet Teddy. I've heard so many people rave about this and now I can totally understand why.

It's a medium rosy brown shade with warm undertones and a mostly matte finish. For the first couple of hours of wear this has a satin finish with a subtle sheen but does eventually set to a true matte. It isn't as uncomfortable as other Mac mattes though and even when it sets it still feels creamy - at least for a few hours. It's completely opaque and glides on the lips beauifully.

I think the shade is so flattering. I had a lot of trouble finding a brown based lipstick that suited me even remotely but the pink in this makes it a lot more wearable. It lasted for around 5 hours on me and didn't leave a stain behind when it faded.

What's your favourite nude lipstick? Have you got this?


F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 



4 comments:

  1. I really want this shade, it's such a great one! And I love the formula of the MAC matte lipsticks.


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velvet Teddy is hands down my favourite lipstick - I wear it constantly! :) xxx

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of this lipstick shade and it's been on my lust list for quite a while now! Lovely review :) Thanks for sharing xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a nice shade, I have seen people go on and on about this specific shade so it must be truly worth it :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete