Saturday 29 November 2014

My Favourite Christmas Movies




Who doesn't love a Christmas movie? I'm normally watching them in mid November in my pyjamas completely devouring a chocolate orange, but that just means I'm being festive right?
There was originally meant to be only 5 in this list but I kept remembering more and more that I couldn't not include. Tell me some of your favourite Christmas films in a comment! I'd love some recommendations.

Elf
Every time I watch this film I sing 'baby it's cold outside' repeatedly for days on end. It's a modern Christmas classic. If you don't crave spaghetti and chocolate syrup after watching this then there's something wrong with you.

Love Actually
Possibly the best Christmas rom-com. The scene with the signs gets me every time. I love this film. You love this film. Everyone loves this film.


The Family Stone
Another rom-com which again I think has gone under the Christmas movie radar. This has a great cast and is about an eccentric and free spirited family at Christmas. There's a lot going on in this film though so it doesn't work well as background noise whilst wrapping presents. 

Santa Claus (1985)
I'm not sure how many people have even heard of this film. This is Christmas for me. I've watched it every year since I was 5 and now it's a tradition. It's a really sweet film about Santa Claus, an adventurous elf and two children in New York.
The Grinch
Pretty much everyone's Christmas staple or at least one of them. If you haven't seen this film - you're missing out.

Fred Claus
I think this film is quite underrated as a 'feel good' Christmas film. It stars Vince Vaughn who plays Santa Claus' brother and Paul Giamatti as Santa himself. It's easily watchable and if anything it's just worth watching for Rachel Weisz's cockney accent. It's wonderful.

A Christmas Carol
I love this film. Whenever I think of a family Christmas film this is always the one that comes to mind. Everyone knows the story so I won't bother explaining it. And it would seem that Jim Carrey has quite the knack for Christmas films.

Rise Of The Guardians
I think this is underrated as a Christmas film too. It's about all the major 'make believe' things/people/creatures grouping together to fight 'The Boogey Man' aka Pitch to save children from nightmares and fear and to restore their faith in all of them. Cast includes, Santa, The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy, The Sandman and Jack Frost. I'd definitely recommend this one. 



And there they are. 



Tell me your favourite! 



Lots of love.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment