Tuesday 31 March 2015

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Light Plus) £23 - link

I bought this in a recent splurge at Debenhams when they had a 10% off sale and I think it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Because of my oily skin I'm always on the hunt for powders to control my shine so consequently I've been through a fair few of them and this is one of the best I've tried so far. It's safe to say I'm smitten.

It's a baked powder that's really finely milled so it feels super silky on the skin. I got the shade 'light plus' which is more neutral toned compared to the other lighter shades and  it's a great colour match for me and I'm actually really enjoying the fact that this gives a little bit of coverage too. All of my other setting powders are translucent so apart from controlling shine they don't do a whole lot else so it's a nice change that when I apply this throughout the day I'm also refreshing my make up and concealing any imperfections as well as fixing the dreaded gleam I get across my t-zone.

The finish this gives is matte as are most oil controlling/setting powders but it's much more natural and not at all cakey like some other powders that I've tried. It's described as a natural matte finish and I couldn't agree more.

I'm really impressed with this product and it's easily made it's way to my new staple face powder. Good job MAC, you should be proud.


Have you tried this? Do you have a favourite setting powder?






No comments:

Post a Comment