Thursday 26 March 2015

Lancome Hypnóse Star Mascara





Lancome Hypnóse Star Mascara (01 Black) £22.50 - link

I've had this mascara for a while now and I've been using it on and off trying to make up my mind if I like it or not.

If you've been here for a while you'll know that I much prefer bristle wands to plastic which is what drew me to this one. Lancome have a lot of variations of plastic wands and this is one of the few that doesn't and that's pretty much how this ended up in my collection. I really didn't do much research before I bought this at all and, as always, was slightly disappointed because of it.

The wand is tapered which makes it easier to get all of your lashes without getting it all over the place and ruining your eyeshadow and we all know how annoying that is so I do like that aspect of this product. The formula is nice - it's not too wet which prevents your lashes from clumping (initially.. keep reading) and it's not too dry that it's difficult to get any product out. It lengthens and separates really well and I've found it completely perfect for layering over fake eyelashes to make them look fuller and more natural. For reference I've been obsessed with the Red Cherry lashes recently but there'll be more on them later - keep your eyes peeled for a post. As for using this mascara on your lashes it seriously lacks in making them look fuller or thicker. I really like a mascara to give me that 'fake lashes look' as much as I hate the phrase and this doesn't achieve that at all. Of course everyone has different preferences but if that's what you look for in a mascara too then don't waste your money on this. Even when I tried layering this after two coats it started clumping my lashes and sticking them together, I was not impressed.

Overall this has good and bad aspects to it but just isn't what I'm looking for. Next time I try a Lancome mascara I think I'll take my chances with a plastic wand.


Have you tried this mascara? Do you like any of the mascaras by Lancome?





No comments:

Post a Comment