Wednesday 25 November 2015

Revlon Matte Balms






Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms £7.99 - link

L-R: 270 Fiery Flamboyante (Red) & 225 Sultry Sulfureuse (Pink)


I can't believe it's taken me so long to try these out. Every time I go to Boots all of the shades I want are sold out but not this time! The shades I picked up are Fiery which is a burgundy red with strong warm undertones and Sultry which is a deep pink and very Kylie Jenner-esque.

The finish of these is more satin than a velvet matte. The pink shade has a really soft shine to it but the red is has much more of an intense sheen and feels and looks more like a balm. Both are very comfortable to wear, really moisturising and the pencil format makes application a breeze although, I can see that backfiring as you use up the product and end up with a stump of lipstick. They last around 3 hours without any liner or blotting and don't dry out throughout wear but stay lovely and comfortable.

All in all I'm impressed with these. Because I am a little insane when a lipstick claims to be matte and isn't, I am a teeny tiny bit disappointed with Fiery being so shiny but for the sake of a moisturising matte lipstick, I'll let it off. I think these are a wonderful way to wear a bold lip for those of the faint of heart as the balm aspect of these lipsticks take the edge off or, if you just can't bear how uncomfortable most matte lipsticks are then these are going to be your new favourite thing. I can't wait to try more shades as, of course, I must own every red shade of lipstick that exists in the world so Striking is next on my list.


Have you tried these? Do you know of any other drugstore matte lipsticks?

P.S - sorry I haven't been posting as often - I'm prepping for an exciting christmas thing you'll see soon!




F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 


No comments:

Post a Comment