Wednesday 17 February 2016

Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow Palette - Rich Caramel








Swatches from L-R: cream (yes, there is a swatch there. I know it's abysmal I tried I promise), rich caramel, bellini, toasted cinnamon, rich caviar.


Cream - A slight pink toned bone shade with neutral undertones. As you can see from the swatch above it doesn't transfer well if you don't use a brush and becomes powdery the more you work at it. It feels dense and dry in the pan and the pigment pay off is lacking. It has a satin/demi matte finish and lasted 2-3 hours on me.

Rich Caramel - A medium bronzed brown shade with slight cool undertones and a golden, shimmery finish. The shadow is very dense as is the shimmer within it giving a much more understated look, especially for an eyeshadow with this finish. The pigmentation is great and applies beautifully. It lasted well too at around 6 hours.

Bellini - A warm toned champagne gold shade. It's described as a shimmer wash and I couldn't agree more. The shimmer within it is chunky, noticeably so to touch in the pan, and when applied to the eye  the glitter disperses into more of a glisten rather than an intense shimmer. It works really well to pack it on to the centre of the eye to when you're doing a smoky eye for example or just as a very faint wash of shimmer if worn alone (although I wouldn't really recommend that for us oily eyelid gals). It lasted 4-5 hours.

Toasted Cinnamon - A warm toned copper shade, again described as a shimmer wash. It really is exactly the same as the previous shade just obviously a different colour. This shade worked much better as a stand alone shadow on me because the base colour showed up much better on my skin tone (if you have a darker skin tone than me you'll probably have more luck with these 2 shades as they are going to look a lot bolder on you and have a much richer colour pay off). Applied alone (with a butt tonne of primer) it creates a really "delicate" look, for lack of a better word. It blends beautifully and works easily into a huge array of eye looks. It, again, lasted 4-5 hours on me.

Rich Caviar - A deep brown/black shade with neutral undertones and matte finish. It's extremely finely milled and I had a fair amount of fall out when trying to apply this. The pigmentation is good but takes a little bit of work to get a strong intensity. It lasted 6-7 hours on me.


In my opinion you'll need to wear a primer with all of these shadows whether you have oily eyelids or not, the only shade that I think would fair well on it's own is Rich Caramel. I'm not overly impressed with this palette (especially when I got it at the same time as the Gwen Stefani palette which is pretty tough to beat) but I'm not disappointed to have spent £38 on it either. I'm happy to have this in my collection and to have shades within this palette that I didn't already have.
I do think there are better palettes to spend your money on but if you particularly love the shades then I wouldn't say it's a bad investment.

Have you tried any Bobbi Brown eyeshadows? What did you think of them?



Shop via Selfridges:




F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 



No comments:

Post a Comment