Tuesday 24 February 2015

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette




Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette £23 - link

I used the original Naked Basics palette to death. I've hit pan on almost every colour and it's firmly made it's way into my make up staples. After being so obsessed with that, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one.

The colours are in theme with the first one although much more cool toned - it definitely has a Naked 2 palette feel about it. They are all taupe hued matte shades except one, the lightest shade, that is a demi-matte/satin finish. The contrast in shades are nice and again it has the 3 lighter shades and 3 darker and you could easily achieve the same variation of looks from this as you could with the original.

The shades in this palette;
Skimp - Pale peachy nude (satin finish)
Stark - Deep pink nude (matte finish)
Frisk - Grey taupe (matte finish)
Cover - Medium red toned brown (matte finish)
Primal - Medium yellow toned brown (matte finish)
Undone - Dark smoky brown (matte finish)

The shadows are all great quality and are easy to blend and apply etc. I really adore the quality of Urban Decay eye shadows anyway and I haven't been disappointed with that aspect of any of their palettes that I've bought and it's not that I'm actually disappointed by this palette at all, just for some reason, I don't love it. I think maybe because I had the first one first (obviously) and maybe it's just out of habit but I much prefer the original- it might just be because it's a better palette. I think the colours are much more universal for all skin tones and having a matte black just gives it a bigger advantage. I don't think you need them both in your collection unless you actually collect the naked palettes (guilty) and if you don't have either of the Naked Basics palettes I would highly recommend the first one over this one.


Do you have either of the Naked Basics palettes? Which one do you prefer?




No comments:

Post a Comment