Monday 11 July 2016

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer



Why is finding a good concealer so difficult?!
I test out so many and have more in my collection than I now what to do with but I'm still yet to find my holy grail.

This concealer has a gorgeous lightweight feel and packs a punch with full coverage. It's the best of both worlds. It has a creamy texture that blends incredibly easily and lasts for around 6-7 hours on top or underneath foundation and has a light, semi matte finish that's somewhat brightening.

Having oily skin often makes base products difficult to use especially if they aren't oil free. This does apply well and sits on my skin fairly evenly but it moves and creases a lot. Of course both of those issues are mostly fixed by setting it with a powder, but even with doing that it still settles in all the fine lines around my eyes and creases around my nose and chin throughout the day. I have no idea if it's happening purely because of my skin type or if it's just the product itself but I was expecting better. Don't get me wrong it is a nice and usable product that I will continue to keep in my make up rotation but I had high hopes for this and it let me down.

After following the hype around this concealer I wanted it to be the best and it isn't. It's a great concealer but perhaps not the best for my skin type. The hunt continues!

Have you tried this?  What's your favourite concealer?


S H O P
-



F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 




8 comments:

  1. I find that it creases a lot too! I tend to do one eye at a time, powdering it straight away and that normally seems to work fine!

    www.whynotblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thanks! I'll definitely give that a go. xxx

      Delete
  2. This is my favourite concealer! Sorry to hear you didn't like it though. Have you tried the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer? It's a good one too!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! I do like it but I have a similar issue with it creasing and separating :( I just don't think concealer's like me very much haha. xxx

      Delete
  3. I've tried this and really quite liked it, I would say the NARS creamy concealer is also a great option but on the pricer side!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think there are better concealers out there but this is still one I'll use :) Great review!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I competely agree, I'll use this until it's gone and then I'll be looking for a new one! xxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for your honesty. I was about to buy it but now I know it's not for me!

    Love,
    www.dilarabosak.com

    ReplyDelete