Wednesday 20 January 2016

Top Beauty Picks of 2015






Better late than never right? Maybe? Anyway after much delay, here are my most favourite finds in the beauty world from last year.

Starting with face stuff the Balance Me Cleanse & Smooth Face Balm is incredible. I love this product so much I'd go as far to say I couldn't live without it. It removes make up beautifully leaving your skin fresh and smooth. It's a winner and one to try if you haven't already.

Estee Lauder's DayWear has remained unchanged in my skin care routine since last January. Sometimes it's difficult to find a good moisturiser that works well with my skin as it's oily and prone to breakouts but I have never had an issue with this whatsoever which is why I think my skin care draw has never been without it. It's a fairly heavy duty cream but doesn't linger on the skin. It smells heavenly (or of cucumber if you wan't to be specific) and leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. Oily skin gals especially, put this one on your wishlist -you need to try it!

Foundations - oh boy I've tried a lot of foundations this year. As much as I love my YSL Touche Eclat I much prefer the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. I think I was late to the party having only tried this foundation last Summer but I bloody love it. It's light, fresh and natural and ticks every box for what I want from a foundation. Surprisingly it's also the best foundation for matching my skin tone I have ever tried, which is always a plus. Well done Bourjois!

Still with me? Great, let's talk about concealers. There is not a single concealer in my collection that even comes close to this one. The Clarins Instant Concealer is wonderful. I won't go into the 3 million reasons I love it because I've already reviewed it but here's the run down. It's brightening, doesn't crease, blends beautifully, sits on top/under foundation even more beautifully and lasts ages - on the skin and in the tube. It's truly the best concealer I've ever used.

As for powders from 2015, I tried a tonne. Some were great, some not so much but the stand out for me was the Urban Decay De Slick powder, despite it's intimidatingly white appearance. It's perfects the skin, makes make up last longer and gets rid of shine instantly and forever (or that's what it seems like). It's just all round wonderful.

I only really started appreciating blushes this year and on a whim I picked up 2 Bobbi Brown ones. They are both incredible and have fully converted me to being an avid blush wearer and collector. My favourite out the two and of all the other blushes I've tried so far is Tawny. It's a beautiful smoky mauve/pink. It blends beautifully, has wonderful pigmentation and I'm desperate to try more blushes this year from Bobbi Brown and from every other brand too!

Eyebrows. My greatest nemesis. I don't have a whole lot to say here. It was always going to be the Dipbrow by Anastasia Beverly Hills. There are other brow products I like and use but none of them compare to this.

Mascaras are my drug of choice. I have A LOT of them. I would say it was hard to choose between them all but really Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara is unchallenged within my mascara collection. It does everything I want a mascara to do and more. If you haven't already given in to the hype and bought it then I highly recommend adding it to your collection.

A new discovery for me last year was MAC's paint pots. I have oily skin in general but my eyelids are another story. Eyeshadows crease on me like a mother and no amount of primer potion would fix it. I tried eye primers from Smashbox and Nars and nothing worked until this. It creates a perfect and flawless base for eyeshadow and keeps it there all day what more could you possibly want? I love it and without a doubt it was the best addition to my make up stash last year.

I go through phases where I wear false lashes to absolute death and then won't touch them for a year. My favourites of all time and of last year were Red Cherry lashes. They are so beautiful and completely inexpensive (I get mine from eBay for £2.99). If you want some recommendations these are all lovely - 747 S, DW, 415, WSP, 218, 213.

And finally lips. I could sit here and list red lipsticks all day long but the stand out in my lipstick collection was Mehr from MAC. It's not a MAC lipstick you hear about very often and I have absolutely no idea why. It's a dark, dusky pink with cool undertones that looks great on everyone I've seen wear it. If you're looking to expand your MAC lipstick collection (and let's face it who isn't?!) this is definitely one to consider.

If you read all of that then give yourself a pat on the back and a round of applause.


What were your stand out products from last year?



F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 

No comments:

Post a Comment